Discover the skills you need to face change and uncertainty with confidence–and grow even stronger!
Change can happen so slowly that you might not even notice it. And sometimes, it can happen in an instant, causing your world to come crashing down. For many of us, change is scary, and as a result, we may try to avoid it, or even actively resist it. But while burying our heads in the sand can provide some short-term relief, our fear can grow and manifest itself in life-altering ways like stress, anxiety, or depression. The good news is that you can learn to transform how you respond to unwanted change.
In What Makes You Stronger, you’ll learn to apply the authors’ proven-effective DNA-v model (Discoverer, Noticer, Advisor, Value, and Vitality)–a potent blend of acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), mindfulness, and positive psychology to gain resilience in the face of change. Using this simple six-step process, you’ll not only cope with change and adversity–but grow stronger from it! You’ll discover strategies for managing uncertainty, breaking unhealthy behavior patterns, and reducing overwhelm when things start to feel out of control.
If you’re ready to stop running from change, and start living a life guided by your values, this powerful guide will be with you, every step of the way.
DNA-v: A Simple 6-Step Process to Positive Change
- The Broaden and Build Process – Learn to create, think, play, and explore in a way that builds value and joy
- Mindfulness and Attention Process – Pause and respond to feelings, rather than reacting impulsively
- The Cognitive Process – Disengage from negative self-talk
- The Values-Based Process – Clarify your values to create a meaningful life
- The Self-View Process – Let go of your ego and see your potential rather than your limitations
- The Social-View Process – Build genuine connections, manage difficult people, and forge strong social relationships
Publisher: New Harbinger Publications
Pub Date: 07/2022