Families today are busy, and it’s tough to make time for devotions. Parents want to pass on their faith to their children, but sitting down doing a devotion workbook might not be feasible or desirable for them. But everyone needs to eat! What if making time to dive into God’s Word together could be the same as getting ready for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? The Family Cookbook Devotional combines family devotion time with the everyday experience of cooking and enjoying food together as a family.
Each Weekly Devotion Includes:
- 1 fun, easy-to-do recipe for kids to follow (with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions)–adults are the helpers!
- Easy-to-understand devotion to practically connect the recipe to the Bible lesson
- Memory verse
- 7 days of devotions (including discussion questions and prayers)
- Prayer prompts to use all week (before meals, at bedtime, etc.)
Each devotion starts out with a fun, delicious treat for families to create together in the kitchen. This is not a complicated book of recipes for adults to make, but rather a fun activity book for kids to cook with them! The recipes are simple enough that even young children can participate, not just standing and watching. From cakes being baked to creating your own popsicle recipe, there are treats and snacks to delight kids of all ages. After the recipe is complete, families will read the devotion, learning from the Word of God by actually diving into and using their Bibles. Each devotion also includes scripted discussion time.
- Flexible: Whether you’re headed to the grocery store or just working with what you already have, pick any devotion or work through the book in order.
- Practical, Interactive Applications: Dive into a hands-on devotion, perfect for even the shortest attention spans, that helps illustrate Bible values to kids’ lives in real ways they can understand.
- Fun and Healthy!: Enjoy having an exciting collection of recipes that have simple ingredients you can pronounce and includes a mix of fruit, veggies, grains, and more! Also includes fun dessert recipes as a treat!
- Short, Easy-to-Understand Devotions: Enjoy short devotions and memory verses that get straight to the point and are clear. These devotions are powerful and meaningful for older children and easy enough for even the youngest kids.
- Age-Appropriate: The recipes are simple enough that even young children can participate, rather than stand and watch adults cook. Safety instructions are available for when adults need to pitch in!
3 Easy Steps to Using The Family Cookbook Devotional
Each devotion starts with you in the kitchen, making something together as a family, while serving up the Word of God.
- Pick any weekly devotion or work through the book in order! Start with the Day 1 devotion, where you will be making something yummy then tying it to the Word of God.
- Talk about the devotion using the provided discussion questions, go over the week’s memory verse, then pray together. Spending time in the Word is that simple!
- The rest of the week will be based upon the Day 1 cooking devotion. You’ll work on memorizing the same verse, all week, but each day will have different discussion questions and a sample prayer. Use the sample prayer, or pray in your own words using the prayer prompts from Day 1.
Covers 50 Easy-to-Do Recipes with Bible Lessons across 4 Key Topics:
- Homemade Pizza (The Foundation of God’s Word)
- Root Beer Slushies (God Is a Miracle Maker)
- Breakfast Roll-Ups (God Is Our Comforter)
- Confetti Krispies (Made to Praise)
- Rock Candy (The Rock of the Church)
- Chocolate Cake in a Mug (The Forgiveness of Sins)
- Bird in the Nest (Give Your Worries to God)
- Sweeter than Honey Parfaits (Psalm 119:103)
- Fruity Earth Pie (Proclaim the Gospel)
- Easter Marshmallow Lamb Pretzels (The Perfect Lamb)
- Christmas Wreath Treats (Jesus Gives Everlasting Life)
- Thankful Harvest Popcorn Praise (In Everything Give Thanks)
Publisher: Tyndale Kids
Pub Date: 09/2021
Size: 8.90h x 5.98w x 0.55d