Master the skills needed to perform basic radiography procedures! Written exclusively for limited radiography students, Radiography Essentials for Limited Practice, 6th Edition provides a fundamental knowledge of imaging principles, positioning, and procedures. Content reflects the most current practice, and incorporates all the subjects mandated by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) curriculum so you will be thoroughly prepared for the ARRT Limited Scope Exam. From radiologic imaging experts Bruce Long, Eugene Frank, and Ruth Ann Ehrlich, this book provides the right exposure to x-ray science, radiographic anatomy, technical exposure factors, and radiation protection, along with updated step-by-step instructions showing how to perform each projection.
- Concise coverage thoroughly prepares you for the ARRT Limited Scope Exam and clinical practice with the latest on x-ray science and techniques, radiation safety, radiographic anatomy, pathology, patient care, ancillary clinical skills, and positioning of the upper and lower extremities, spine, chest, and head.
- Expanded digital imaging concepts reflect today’s practice and meet the requirements of the ASRT Limited Scope Content Specifications.
- Current information on state licensure and limited radiography terminology ensures that you understand exam requirements and the role of the limited practitioner.
- Step-by-step instructions provide guidance on how to position patients for radiographic procedures performed by limited operators.
- Math and radiologic physics concepts are simplified and presented at an easy-to-understand level.
- Bone Densitometry chapter provides the information you need to know to prepare for the ARRT exam and clinical practice.
- Learning objectives and key terms highlight important information in each chapter and can be used as review tools.
- Special boxes highlight information to reinforce important points in the text.
- NEW! Updated content reflects today’s radiography for limited practice.
- NEW! Updated drawings, photos, and medical radiographs enhance your understanding of key concepts and illustrate current technology.
Pub Date: 12/2020
Size: 10.80h x 8.40w x 0.70d