This compact, little pocket book — the first ever to feature the natural insect next to its matching artificial fly — arms the angler with all the information he needs to select the right fly from his flybox.
– Superb photographs of aquatic insects (larvae, pupae, adults)
with the artificial flies positioned alongside them
– Times of hatching
– The geographical distribution
– Whether it is a river fly or a lake fly, or both
– Life cycles of the insects
– Clues from the river and from the trout’s behaviour
Peter Lapsley contributes regularly to Flyfishing & Flytying and is author of several fishing books. He is a qualified national game angling instructor.
Dr Cyril Bennett is one of the UK’s leading entomologists, specialising in river insects. His photographs of insects — some never before captured on camera — add a unique element to this book.
Publisher: Merlin Unwin Books
Pub Date: 04/2010
Size: 5.90h x 5.00w x 0.50d