Tales are often told marking the vikings as no more than simple horn-helmeted explorers, infamous to abuse, pillage and plunder all that stood in their way. However, many of us lack to see the parallels aligned with modern culture, and the influences our viking ancestors provided and passed down to our own aspects of modern practices, beliefs, languages and pastimes. While there are numerous and vast differences to the viking morality and way of life, we can also uncover many similarities that can be derived within today’s culture.
Here’s what you’ll discover inside:
- A guide on the vikings origins, including their language, calendar, society structure, and military conquests
- Historic tales of the viking’s customs, art, and shipbuilding craft
- A guide on the norse creation myths
- A presentation of the norse pantheon
- A detailed description of many norse gods and heroes
- And much, much more!
The stories and myths of the norse were passed down by the vikings in oral tradition until they were recorded in manuscripts by anonymous authors in the mid-13th century. The myths that survived tell the story of how the world was first created by the gods using the dead body of a primeval giant, the existence of the different realms surrounding the universe, and various tales and lore about the gods’ adventures.
Publisher: Bella Frost
Pub Date: 05/2022
Size: 8.00h x 5.00w x 0.41d