Blending storytelling, witchcraft, and warm advice, Jennie Blonde (the @comfycozywitch) offers recipes, rituals, and spell work, to nourish yourself and your family.
For author Jennie Blonde, witchcraft is, in and of itself, comforting. Sure, there are not-so-comfortable parts as well–working with the shadow, coming face to face with that which holds you back. But for Jennie, witchcraft is about connecting with nature, your higher self, and with something beyond–a deity, deities, Spirit, the universe–and being comfortable with your true self in all aspects of your life.
“In times of anxiety,” Jennie writes, “I turn to my practice. When I need a moment of calm and reflection, I retreat to my sacred space for quiet meditation, pulling tarot cards, and journaling to nourish my soul. When I want to nourish my family, I turn to my garden and herbs and cauldron (my stockpot) for a bit of kitchen witchery. When I wish to nourish my body, I turn to mindful movement and self-care rituals and spell work. And throughout the day, every day, there are small rituals I perform to keep me connected to my practice. It’s all of those things together that is the heart of my craft.”
The book explores:
- rituals for protection, and cleansing the hearth and home
- comfy cozy witchcraft in the kitchen, creating a kitchen altar, and recipes and rituals for nourishment
- creating a sacred space–no matter the size of the home–the witch’s altar, tools, and spells
- grounding rituals, working with herbs and plants, and meditations to connect you with the earth
- the importance of self-care for balancing witchy wellness, complete with rituals and recipes for bath salts, oils, balms, and more
Publisher: Weiser Books
Pub Date: 09/2022