Your world has changed. Someone special is missing.
How do you do this? What does this mean? Who are you now? What’s next?
Multiple award-winning author, speaker, and grief specialist Gary Roe experienced multiple, devastating losses in childhood.
Gary says, “By the time I was a teenager, I was slogging through each day carrying a massive amount of grief. Then my dad dropped in front of me of a heart attack. He was a single father and my one functional parent. When this lightning bolt struck, I thought my life was over.”
Then Gary picked up a pen and started writing. The next day, he wrote some more.
“I found myself emoting as I wrote. Sadness, confusion, anger, fear, anxiety, and guilt spewed out of me, one word at a time. I felt lousy, but expressing what was inside me felt good and relieving.”
Unfortunately, the losses just kept coming. And Gary kept writing.
Now, almost a half-century and 20 books later, Gary gives us a gift – a unique grief workbook born of his extensive personal and professional experience of using writing as a tool to recover from the losses of life.
Whether you’re an avid journal writer or have never used writing to process difficult events, you’ll find the Grieving the Write Way Journal and Workbook a heartfelt, compassionate, and practical resource for your grief journey.
In Grieving the Write Way, you’ll learn…
- The role writing can play in your grief and healing process.
- How writing can steady your heart enough to express your emotions in a productive way.
- How writing can slow your mind down enough to get your thoughts on paper and begin to process them.
- To practice writing as a safe place to express and process questions, doubts, and fears.
- To use writing as an avenue to vent frustrations about your relationships in an honest and uncensored manner.
- How to use writing to work through your thoughts, wonderings, and concerns about the future.
Writing can become a powerful habit that can help us navigate life in general. What we don’t express stays locked in our hearts and often becomes the baggage that weighs us down.
Grieving the Write Way is about you and the terrible loss you’re enduring. It was written to help you…
- Express your heart, mind, and soul.
- Navigate the relational changes and upsets you’re facing.
- See that you’re not alone, you’re not crazy, and that you will make it through this.
- Take the next steps in your grief process, whatever they might be.
In these pages, you’ll get many opportunities to experience the benefits of writing about your loss and what’s happening in your heart and mind.
Take the next step. Read on…and write.
Publisher: Gary Roe
Pub Date: 09/2021
Size: 9.00h x 6.00w x 0.58d