Cosmic Christianity describes the relationship between the earthly and supra-earthly cosmic worlds by showing the relationship between the cosmos–as expressed in the movements of the stars–and the activities of Christ during his three years of ministry on Earth. The “gesture” of each astrological planet during those years is worked out and correlated with specific acts of the Christ as recorded in the Gospels.
The apparent “looping” movements of Mercury, for example, are connected with the “seven signs” of St. John’s gospel. The author goes on to explore the many ways in which these healing acts, which have been inscribed in the heavens, continue to work in evolution through the events of history and through our individual human lives. By studying this, we begin to understand our responsibility for developing the new Christian mysteries and, consequently, renewing the starry cosmos.
Sucher presents a real foundation for modern star wisdom. Topics include the evolution of cosmology; the origins of the planetary symbols; our new relationship to the stars as revealed in human lives and historical events; and the role of the Archangel Michael in our individual relationship to the stars.
This is an excellent place to begin one’s study of the stars and their meaning for both our individual lives and for the world.
Indludes original diagrams by Willi Sucher.
C O N T E N T S
PART ONE: THE CHANGING COUNTENANCE OF COSMOLOGY
1. The Origin of Occult Symbols on the Basis of Cosmic Rhythmology
2. The Development of Cosmology in History
3. Roads to a Modern Cosmology and Astrology
4. The Archangel Michael and Astrosophy
5. Symbology and Cosmology
6. The Workings of the Planets and their Spheres
7. Turning Points in History–I
8. Turning Points in History–II
PART TWO: COSMIC CHRISTIANITY
1. The Movement of Saturn during the Three Years
2. The Movement of Jupiter during the Three Years
3. The Movement of Mars during the Three Years
4. The Sun during the Three Years
5. The Movement of Venus during the Three Years
6. The Movement of Mercury during the Three Years
7. The Manifestation in History of Cosmic Events during the Three Years
Publisher: Steiner Books
Pub Date: 04/1993
Size: 9.10h x 6.00w x 0.70d