Ignite your grill and elevate your barbecue game with more than 65 unforgettable recipes that combine the big, bold flavors of chiles with smoke and fire.
It’s time to go beyond salt and pepper brisket! With Chiles and Smoke, professional recipe developer and pitmaster Brad Prose delivers a BBQ book unlike any other. Spanning beef, pork, chicken, seafood, and vegetables, each chapter also incorporates a variety of chiles, from spicy Jalapenos to bitter Shishito Peppers. Explore the alluring union of smoke and heat with recipes including:
- Beef and Lamb: Smoked Sonoran Chili, Harissa Beef Tacos, Coffee-Rubbed Tritip with Shishito Gremolata, Garlic Mojo Skirt Steak Tacos, Vindaloo-Spiced Lamb Lollipops, Smoked Lamb Barbacoa Banh Mi
- Chicken: Chipotle Tahini Grilled Chicken, Tandoori Butterflied Chicken Drums, Grilled Adobo-Rubbed Chicken with Creamy Herb Sauce, Grilled Chicken Tinga, Enchilada Wings, Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Chicken Poblanos
- Pork: Crispy Pork Belly with Red Chimichurri, Chipotle Pork Belly Burnt Ends with Jalapeno Berry Sauce, Chile Verde Spare Ribs, Smoked Chorizo Meatballs, Roasted Chile Meatball Hero, Grilled Pork Tenderloin Al Pastor
- Seafood: Corn-Husk Wrapped Halibut with Jalapeno Basil Butter, Grilled Scallops with Charred Poblano Cream, Huli Huli Shrimp, Shishito, and Pineapple Skewers, Hatch Chile Smoked Shrimp Skillet, Tandoori Grilled Lobster, Planked Pomegranate Harissa Salmon
- Sides: Desert Deviled Eggs, Southwest Creamed Corn, Harissa Sweet Potato Salad, Creamy Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese, Lemon Serrano Grilled Summer Squash, Crispy Skillet Potatoes with Mojo Rojo and Verde, Chipotle Bacon Twice Baked Potatoes
In addition to the recipes, Brad walks you through how to char, grind, pickle, grill, and smoke chiles, demonstrating endless ways to liven up your meals. Sweet bell peppers are pickled with spices, topping mouthwatering meats and crisp vegetables. Fruity anchos are toasted, hydrated, and ground into pastes for flavorful marinades. Pork ribs are smoked slow and nestled into a stew of poblanos and bright vegetables before melting in your mouth.
Crank up the heat and bring these bold flavors to your next BBQ.
Publisher: Harvard Common Press
Pub Date: 03/2023